My wife and I are hoping to add an additional 800-1,100 square feet to our house in Bellevue by finishing our basement which has 7-10 foot ceilings now, but a dirt floor and a climb down ladder from the inside to access it. We have a very basic preliminary sketch, but we want more detailed plans. We need drawings of course but ideally the CAD projects or something of that nature that our builder can modify.
All up this project will involve:
- Adding an exit door cutting into the concrete to the backyard facing east
- From our main floor in the center of the house, add a stairwell heading downstairs to the basement. This will follow the lines of our stairwell leading from the main floor up to the 2nd floor. That space is currently a broom closet with a vertical ladder heading down to the basement.
- The current basement is a dirt floor with 7' to 10' ceilings from dirt to ceiling. This will require removing a couple of extra feet deep of dirt throughout
- Moving/Changing out support pilings that are in the way
- Framing and finishing a family room, bedroom with small closet, bathroom, closet/small gym (not currently pictured in sketch) and hallway to the exit door including a septic pump.
- Maintain existing look and finish of our "Buchan-built" including crown molding and wall moldings in hallways (see photo)
I’ve attached a 5 page document outlining some high-level drawings and our plans.
Please reach out with any questions.