This is a one bedroom condo in need of interior design makeover. Located in Philadelphia, PA overlooking Washington square park, with a balcony with western skyline views and east views of the Delaware river. Located on the 25th floor. The apartment condition is good, but very dated, with a kitchen from the early 90s. Please see attached floorplan.
I am hoping to redesign the entire condo space, with as little plumbing/electrical work as possible. At minimum, I am planning to demolish the kitchen, remove the drywall surround the kitchen in order to open it to the living room/dining room area. I am looking to remodel the entire living room/ dining room/kitchen as a functional open space with modern, sleek lines and good lighting. Must include open kitchen (keeping sink and appliances in the general area) with eat-in island, living/entertainment area (will wall mount TV), work space with shelving design; possible formal dining table area. All current furniture in the condo will be moved out and changed.
I am looking to execute this plan in January/February 2013.
1. High gloss white kitchen (possibly some glossy finish wood incorporated in the design), dark colored exotic hardwood floor. Quartz/Grante/ or other hard top counters.
2. Appliances are already purchased must be incorporated (30â€ counter depth built in Thermador refrigerator, 30â€ dual fuel range, dishwasher, 30â€ Bosch recirculating range hood). Also planning to use Ikea cabinet boxes with possible custom doors.
3. Ideas for creating a walk in closet for bedroom
4. Removing storage closet walls/doors and redesigning space. This area has the hookup for the washer/dryer without external venting.
5. Design for lighting the interior
6. Prefer white walls, but open to lighter color designs.
7. Need to replace closet doors.
1. 8 foot ceilings
2. Concrete base floor and concrete ceiling
3. Plumbing for sink and appliances can only move a minimal amount (2-3 feet), so kitchen must stay in the general area that it is currently in.
3. Limited budget to approx $30,000 for entire renovation.
Efficient and visually appealing layout is the most important selection criterion.
Next is color scheme; would like it to be dramatic with significant contrast, yet still maintain a good flow.
Any suggestions for cost saving ideas is also a consideration.
Mainly looking for a detailed blueprint (topview, and eye-level views) of condo design with measurements (standard cabinet widths, etc), color scheme for cabinets, island, walls, doors, accents, etc. 3D rendition and any additional suggestions a plus. Description also a plus.
1. Plan views: Scale 1/4"-1' (or 1/50)
2. Section-Elevation views: Scale 1/4"-1' (or 1/50)
3. PERSPECTIVE/AXONOMETRIC VIEWS: where applicable
Please see below links regarding kitchens and color schemes that I find visually appealing. Please note that I would like a white/light colored kitchen with darker floors.
I have also attached current pictures of the condo for reference in 3 PDFs. These are before the previous owner moved out. All furniture, drapes, etc. will be moved out.