We are preparing for our future pool house (currently a detached garage) as we begin installing a pool this fall. During the pool construction we need to consider access to the pool from our main house, access to the pool from the pool house, and how to "connect" these two spaces. We need to consider these designs in order to properly lay decking, footers, and install new rear yard access doors, etc at the time of pool construction. We also want an outdoor kitchen and to re-design our existing patio to fit in with the look we are trying to achieve. We are looking for creative, conceptual designs.
1) We are looking to install doors in the location of a double window to gain convenient access to the rear yard, pool, and future pool house.
2) New doors will need to be installed in the pool house to flow from the main house.
3) We want to install doors on the North side of the pool house with direct access to the pool (thinking glass garage door or glass sliding/bifold doors).4) We want a covered walkway to connect the house to pool house (currently a detached garage). The setback rules for our City do not allow the house to fully connect to the rear structure. I may be able to get a variance although we would like an option where the covered walkway does not connect.
5) The current patio is a "tin roof" type structure and not aesthetically pleasing. We would like to raise the roof a bit, level the floor, install a new door from the house, and tie in the style to the front of our home and new covered walkway. This space could potentially be screened in.
6) We would like to create an outdoor kitchen along the West wall of the detached garage/future pool house. Perhaps the roofline for the walkway could be connected to some sort of covering over the kitchen. It might be nice to have an outdoor fireplace in this area although I'm not sure how often we'd use it because we live in a warm climate.
We really like simple, modern style. We are very happy with the new carport addition on the front of our home (see photos - these can be used for inspiration). I also have a link to my Pinterest Board with some ideas and photos I like. FYI - I have a fence on order (http://www.slimwall.com.au/home) which will create privacy in the backyard so big widows in the pool house are desired.