This is a design for:
1. A private modern backyard deck with a fire pit, outdoor cooking and eating area, and a tanning area
2. Remodel our half bathroom and adding an outdoor shower area here.
The decking material should be mostly (if not all) made out of aluminum decking, but some pavers can be added if this would increase the beauty of the space.
The spaces are currently completely gutted. All that remains is the pool with a 12"-14" surrounding concrete deck. The floor to the entrance to the house has luxury vinyl planks.
We want to have a modern backyard space and half bathroom with an outdoor shower that flows with the recently remodeled home.
Designers should absolutely consider the following Florida Code Law as this will limit the buildability:
There are sliding glass doors throughout the entire back (south side) of the house, but the access to the backyard from the kitchen/dining/family room as well as the guest bedroom and entrance to the house is approximately 30" above the pool. We need to have at least two accesses: One from the kitchen/dining/family room and one near the entrance. If a stairway is built that has more than two risers, then a landing that is at least 36" x 36" needs to be built. Of note, each stairway riser should be no higher than 7 3/4".
The most challenging access is from the entrance of the house into the backyard as the sunken living room has a sliding glass door right next to this new access. We don't know how to make this space and access functional and aesthetically pleasant.
Things we would like to have with the deck:
1. Access to the backyard from the kitchen/dining/family room
2. Access to the backyard from the home entrance leading into a newly remodeled half bathroom with a new outdoor shower area
3. Access to the backyard from the sunken living room
4. An area for a fire pit
5. Outdoor cooking space and eating area
6. A tanning space
7. Privacy from our neighbors
Things we would like to have with the half bath and new outdoor shower:
We need a space that can be used to shower and change after the pool and SPA. This area should also be used as an overflow area in case we have lots of visitors.
Things that are important:
1. The most important: Satisfies florida building code is the most important consideration. Otherwise, we can't do anything with the design.
2. We NEED a new half bathroom with an outdoor shower
3. Practicaclity and modern. This space should flow with the inside.
4. Materials for the deck: Aluminum Plank Decking. Pavers can be used strategically if needed.