Building Dream Master Bed: Currently a RAW space so sky is the limit. Please stay within layout of diagram as the recessed lighting has already been wired for this layout.
Traditional/Transitional Style Submit only Please. No Modern.
Please see my Houzz Idea book: http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/8882626/thumbs/Masterbed
Imagine sitting in a plush comfy sitting area and bed area. This is our escape from the kids! A glass of wine, a warm conversation and a good book in front of the fire.
1) I prefer paneling on walls.
2) Lighting is very Important. Sitting area in front of fireplace must have good read lights.
3) Bed Must have side table lights and directional swivel arm sconces on both his and her side of the bed. Examples in Houzz.com Idea book above on Page 4.
4) Fire place sitting and reading area will be used for reading and quiet time
5) Desk area will have desk lamp and 1 large 26" Monitor.
7) California King bed is necessary. 72" x 84"
8) Ceiling height is 8'10"
9) Window Height is 21" off floor. 85" off floor at top.
10) Fireplace Bottom Width 64.5": Opening 30"w x 39"h
11) Fireplace I like: http://www.italianmarble.com/details/model_ID/MFP-1182/image7/mfp-1182s.jpg/cat/Marble/sub1/Fireplace/
12) Flooring = http://www.efloors.com/mannington-marrakech-moroccan-hickory-peppercorn-3-8-x-2-1-4-3-5-random-width-engineered-hardwood-mmh05pp1/hardwood/mannington/catalog_8698.htm
13) No TV in design we do not watch TV in the bedroom.
14) We have a walk in closet so cabinets are not needed.
Thank you for your questions! I am happy to give feedback!