We want to build a 5-storey mixed-use building on our lot of land. The lot has streets on three of its sides, and an existing building on its south-western side (see siteplan). There are currently three smaller structures on the site, which will be demolished. We want to build the following:
- a 5-storey mixed use-building – mainly residential
- the first floor is reserved for retail space
- floors 2,3,4,5 are reserved for apartment units
- each floor needs to have 4 apartment units, so in total there will be 4x4=16 apartment units
- there needs to be an additional apartment unit in the attic – not exceeding 50-60m2
- each residential floor can be identical – that means you only need to draw one floor plan
In total there will be 1 retail space, 16+1 apartment units.
- The height of the retail space should be 3.25-3.5m
- The height of the residential apartments should be 2.75-3m
- The setback for the ground floor is 5m on all three street sides, and there is no setback on the south-western side where the neighboring existing building is. Please notice the recess on this existing building (see View 8 in the "+" tab). This recess could allow some light shafts - although not ideal.
- The setback for upper floors (2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th) is 3.5m from boundary line.
- The max height for this building is 15m.
- The area of the lot is 852sqm.
- The main entrance to the building needs to be from the narrower western street side.
- The side of this lot towards the larger road is not parallel to the south-western border line, therefore this poses a challenge since we strongly prefer rectangular rooms for the apartment units. However, the wall of the retail floor can run parallel to the road.
-Longitute/Latitude: 38o 22’ 07” N 34o 01’ 23” E, Elevation from sea level: 973m
Each Apartment Unit should have the following program:
- 3 regular rooms – master bedroom, kids room, regular room
- 1 main living room
- 1 kitchen
> prefer not to be less than 15sqm
- 1 bathroom (with regular toilet)
> prefer not to be less than 6sqm
- 1 restroom (with squat toilet and water closet)
- 2 balconies
> 1 balcony needs to open from the kitchen, the other can be from the living room or other rooms
> the width of the balconies (from wall to the outer edge of the balcony) prefer not to be less than 1.5m
- Building Core: 1 Elevator (5-8 people)+ Staircase
Optional program items to consider:
- A closet at the corridor or kitchen (to put kitchen/cleaning utensils)
- A closet in the master bedroom or kids room (to put quilts etc)
- A shower, 1-2sqm in size, in the master bedroom
- Would be great if the main staircase would not be tight
- The challenge of this project is get natural light to all rooms in each apartment on each floor (except bathroom, restroom, corridor). This is a difficult challenge because the southern side of the site has an existing building right next to it and there is no gap between the new and the neighboring building on this side of the lot.
However, there is a recess on the existing building (See View 8 in the "+" tab) which will allow to create a light shaft there. Even though it is not ideal, in the worst-case scenario it is acceptable if maximum 2 rooms (1 from one apartment unit) get their light from this shaft.
- Also, another challenge is to utilize the maximum available space.
- Typical floor plan: showing the 4 apartment units, scale 1/100
- Various 3D views, interior and exterior – where appropriate
MATERIAL FROM CLIENT
- Please see the "Images" tab for various views
- Please see the "+" for additional images and a survey drawing